Before you learn how to style a room with this hide, it’s worth getting to know it a little bit better. Here are 5 things you should know about Mongolian sheepskin.
- Mongolian sheepskin is also often referred to as Tibetan lambswool. These sheep roam the rugged landscape of these East Asian countries, which makes their wool fleece toasty-warm and highly durable.
- This fur beautifully soft to the touch and has a slight crimp through it – definitely one to run your fingers through – just don’t brush it! The characteristic crimp will turn into fluff! To reform the beautiful girls simply damp the hair with a mist spray of water.
- Hides of Excellence stocks Mongolian sheepskin in the form of throws, cushions and beanbags.
- The hide is often dyed to suit an array of tastes and styles – from a punchy blue, to warm camel and a soft blush pink. We source our quality sheepskins from tanneries that guarantee to abide by strict environmental directives that adheres to the Australian Manufacturing Standards to ensure they are safe to use for people, pets and the environment.
- This fur is also commonly used in the fashion industry. Its soft texture feels luxurious against the skin and it has an overall sophisticated look.
Our vision is to produce a collection of stunning sustainable style home decor accessories, made from premium quality ethically sourced by-products that will bring enjoyment in the home for many years to come.