Do you ship internationally?
Hides of Excellence is located in Australia. We do however ship internationally with some countries listed in the menu on our shopping cart page. If however you do not see your country listed please contact us directly for an obligation free shipping quote. Please note however shipping prices vary due to weight of the goods being shipped. We also encourage you to contact your local customs agency as to any additional taxes you may incur on collection of your parcel since goods will be shipped from Australia.
Are your hides 100% natural?
The entire Hides of Excellence home decor collection is produced from ethically sourced genuine hide by-products. We work with the world's leading tanneries that share our ethical values. We take a hide out of landfill and transform it into a sustainable and luxurious home furnishing that can be enjoyed for many years to come.
I have a large order - may I order your rugs in bulk?
We are more than happy in providing large bulk orders - please contact us directly for further inquiries email@example.com.
What if there is Product Damage?
In the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and tell us which items were damaged and how (sending us a digital photo would be really helpful if you can). If you do not want parts or a replacement, then the item comes under our normal returns policy. Please make sure that you check for damage immediately upon receiving the product(s), as we cannot take responsibility for damages that may happen once you have received the product(s).
What is the Returns Policy?
We want you to be able to shop with confidence. You can return an item that you bought from us for any reason within 7 days of receiving the item.
If you decide to return your item then we'll refund the purchase price less the initial delivery fee of the outward delivery cost. Return delivery costs will be met by you.
The item must be returned in its original condition so that we can endeavour to re-sell it.
How to return an item you've bought from Hides of Excellence:
- Contact us by email email@example.com to advise of the expected return.
- Post the items back in their original condition, together with a note that includes your name, invoice number and reason for return to either address:
Hides of Excellence
PO BOX 6275
ALEXANDRIA NSW 2017
Hides of Excellence
16 Anderson Street
BANKSMEADOW NSW 2019
What is the Shipping Policy?
We deliver products using Australia Post. Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location.
Exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are dispatched within 5 business days. Shipping times are estimated at between 7 and 12 business days depending on your location.
Care Instructions for Natural Cowhide Rugs & Cushions
- Everyday use, it is best to vacuum
- For liquid or food spills –act immediately.
- Dampen cloth with diluted detergent and spot clean
- Allow to dry naturally and air out in shade
- No cleaners or chemicals to be used
Care Instructions for Printed Cowhide Rugs & Cushions
Never leave your stencilled print cowhides in the sun as they may fade. When mopping floors, fold up the cowhide and allow floor to dry before placing it back down.
Care Instructions for Reindeer Hide
In the beginning there may be some residual loose hairs due to the tanning process. It is recommended that you take it outside and shake it periodically to remove these. After about a month, these hairs will be mostly gone and you can shake it less often. This is a natural hide and so over time you should expect a minor degree of shedding.
Decoratively, these pelts can be used almost anywhere; on a wall, bench or chair. It is not recommended to have the pelt on a floor as a rug as the fibres are brittle and will result in shedding.
Care Instructions for Skeepskin Rugs & Cushions
- Natural and dyed sheepskin rugs are very easy to care for and when washed they can look like new again.
- Place sheep rug in bath using luke warm water and using a small amount of non-alkaline mild liquid detergent wool wash. Do not use anything with enzymes or fabric softener.
- Don’t agitate the sheepskin too much while washing; you just want a gentle action of water moving through the wool to dislodge dirt particles.
- Do not move the hide so much so the wool mattes up like felt and simply swish the sheepskin around gently in the water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Release the dirty water and refill the bath with fresh warm water to rinse the last soap and dirt away, you might need to do this a few times.
- Roll the sheepskin rug up and squeeze out as much water as you can, let it drain and then transfer to a washing machine to spin out most of the excess water.
- Rinse, drain and spin the sheepskin rug.
- To dry the sheepskin rug I used a clean towel to lay it on, and pulled the leather into shape making sure it is flat. It is important that is dries slowly away from direct heat like direct sunlight and artificial heat or the leather could shrink or harden.
- Do not tumble dry your sheepskin.
- Don’t be tempted to speed up the drying process. Natural air flow can help the drying process.
Can I place a bulk order?
How can I cancel my order?
How can I place an order?
How do I know your website is secure?
How I can retrieve my login details if I have forgotten them?
I can’t decide on which colour/pattern to order. Can I order both and return the one I don’t want?
I saw a product on your website but now it’s no longer available. Does this mean it is out of stock?
What payment types do you accept?
When will I receive an invoice for my order?
When will you debit my account?
Can I pick up my order instead of receiving a delivery?
We welcome you to visit either of our two showrooms in Sydney or Melbourne where you can shop directly in store. Our showrooms are open Monday and Friday from 9am to 4.30pm.
Our showroom locations are:
Sydney: 16 Anderson Street, Banksmeadow NSW 2019
Victoria: 107-109 Sackville Street, Collingwood VIC 3066
Alternatively please contact us by calling +61 451 511 085 and we would be happy to Facetime with you and enable you to browse through our showroom.
How can I track my order?
Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email containing:
- Your unique tracking number
- Information explaining how to use this number to track your order via the courier company’s website
How much does shipping cost?
My order has not arrived. What should I do?
What if I’m not home when my order arrives?
When will I receive my order?
Where do you ship?
What if my order is defective?
What is your Returns Policy?
We want all Hides of Excellence customers to be able to shop with confidence. Orders can be returned within seven (7) days of receipt, providing the product/s are returned in original condition and suitable for resale. We offer a full refund on the purchase price, less the delivery fees. Simply follow these steps to return an item you have purchased:
- Email our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org to advise them you are returning your order so they can issue you with a Returns Authorisation Number.
- Return your item via post by enclosing your Returns Authorisation Number in the parcel and sending the item via registered post to Hides of Excellence, PO BOX 6275, Alexandra, New South Wales, 2017.
Once your return is processed, the purchase price of the order will be returned to your account. Unfortunately the shipping fee will not be refunded, and any fees incurred via return freight and packaging are not covered by Hides of Excellence.
When will my refund be issued?
Are your animal products compassionately manufactured?
Every product we offer in our home decor range has been produced from a sourced by-product of the farming and meat industry. We are 100% committed to the production of home furnishings that are both sustainable and environmentally friendly.
Are your hides natural?
Do you offer gift wrapping?
How can I care for and store my Hides of Excellence product?
How can I contact you?
How do you ensure quality?
Where are you located?
Where should I send press enquiries?
Who are you?
As a wholesale customer can I order online?
Absolutely. We welcome businesses related to interior, home decor, hospitality, architectural, retail to register here for access to our wholesale pricing. Once we have verified your information and created your wholesale account you will receive login access to a secure wholesale pricing area of our site where you can shop at your convenience.
Can I become a wholesale customer?
Most definitely. Click here to register to become a Wholesale member. Submit your details and someone from our customer service team will be in contact to verify your account.
*Free shipping applies to purchases delivered within Australia and excludes any international and wholesale orders.