Do you ship internationally?
We offer reduced domestic shipping fares and do ship internationally however prices may vary due to varying taxes from country to country.
Are your hides 100% natural?
Correct. All our product are ethically sourced as by-products of the meat industry from the world's best tanneries.
I have a large order - may I order your rugs in bulk?
We are more than happy in providing large bulk orders - please contact us directly for further inquiries email@example.com.
What if there is Product Damage?
In the unlikely event that your item arrives damaged contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and tell us which items were damaged and how (sending us a digital photo would be really helpful if you can). If you do not want parts or a replacement, then the item comes under our normal returns policy. Please make sure that you check for damage immediately upon receiving the product(s), as we cannot take responsibility for damages that may happen once you have received the product(s).
What is the Returns Policy?
We want you to be able to shop with confidence. You can return an item that you bought from us for any reason within 7 days of receiving the item.
If you decide to return your item then we'll refund the purchase price less the initial delivery fee to cover the outward delivery cost.
Please be aware that if you return one of these products our actual delivery costs (both outbound and inbound) will be deducted from your refund. The item must be returned in its original condition so that we can endeavour to re-sell it.
How to return an item you've bought from Hides of Excellence:
- Contact us by email email@example.com to advise of the return. A returns authorisation number will be issued to you
- Then post to the Hides of Excellence PO box address:
Hides of Excellence
PO BOX 6275
ALEXANDRA NSW 2017
This will need to be sent via registered post.
What is the Shipping Policy?
We deliver products using Australia Post. Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location.
Exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout. Orders are dispatched within 5 business days. Shipping times are estimated at between 7 and 12 business days depending on your location.
Care Instructions for Natural Alpaca Cushions
- Remove the cushion insert.
- Fill a clean sink or tub with cold water and a small amount of mild liquid detergent like baby shampoo or a fine fibers formula. (Using hot water, or even two different temperatures of water, will “shock” the fibers, making them mat together and start turning into felt.)
- Do not use chlorine bleach or even gentle Woolite, as these harsh cleaners will cause damage.
- Soak the hide cover for 3 to 5 minutes, gently squeezing the suds through.
- Avoid twisting, wringing, scrubbing, or otherwise agitating it, as this will cause felting.
- Rinse twice in clean, cold water and gently squeeze out the excess.
- Lay between two towels, roll up the towels and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Place on a dry towel or sweater rack and reshape (do not hang to dry). Let it dry away from sunlight and direct heat.
Care Instructions for Natural Cowhide Rugs & Cushions
- Everyday use, it is best to vacuum
- For liquid or food spills –act immediately.
- Dampen cloth with diluted detergent and spot clean
- Allow to dry naturally and air out in shade
- No cleaners or chemicals to be used
Care Instructions for Printed Cowhide Rugs & Cushions
Never leave your stencilled print cowhides in the sun as they may fade. When mopping floors, fold up the cowhide and allow floor to dry before placing it back down.
Care Instructions for Reindeer Hide
In the beginning there may be some residual loose hairs due to the tanning process – It is recommended that you take it outside and shake it periodically to remove these. After about a month, these hairs will be mostly gone and you can shake it less often. This is a natural hide and so over time you should expect a minor degree of shedding.
Your reindeer hide will look beautiful indoors, but is not suited for use outdoors or in damp conditions. If cared for it will last for many years.
Decoratively, these pelts can be used almost anywhere; on a wall, bench or chair. It is not recommended to have the pelt on a floor.
Care Instructions for Skeepskin Rugs & Cushions
- Natural and dyed sheepskin rugs are very easy to care for and when washed they can look like new again.
- Place sheep rug in bath using luke warm water and using a small amount of non-alkaline mild liquid detergent wool wash. Do not use anything with enzymes or fabric softener.
- Don’t agitate the sheepskin too much while washing; you just want a gentle action of water moving through the wool to dislodge dirt particles.
- Do not move the hide so much so the wool mattes up like felt and simply swish the sheepskin around gently in the water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Release the dirty water and refill the bath with fresh warm water to rinse the last soap and dirt away, you might need to do this a few times.
- Roll the sheepskin rug up and squeeze out as much water as you can, let it drain and then transfer to a washing machine to spin out most of the excess water.
- Rinse, drain and spin the sheepskin rug.
- To dry the sheepskin rug I used a clean towel to lay it on, and pulled the leather into shape making sure it is flat. It is important that is dries slowly away from direct heat like direct sunlight and artificial heat or the leather could shrink or harden.
- Do not tumble dry your sheepskin.
- Don’t be tempted to speed up the drying process. Natural air flow can help the drying process.
Can I place a bulk order?
How can I cancel my order?
How can I place an order?
How do I know your website is secure?
How I can retrieve my login details if I have forgotten them?
I can’t decide on which colour/pattern to order. Can I order both and return the one I don’t want?
I saw a product on your website but now it’s no longer available. Does this mean it is out of stock?
What payment types do you accept?
When will I receive an invoice for my order?
When will you debit my account?
Can I pick up my order instead of receiving a delivery?
How can I track my order?
Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email containing:
- Your unique tracking number
- Information explaining how to use this number to track your order via the courier company’s website
How much does shipping cost?
My order has not arrived. What should I do?
What if I’m not home when my order arrives?
When will I receive my order?
Where do you ship?
What if my order is defective?
What is your Returns Policy?
We want all Hides of Excellence customers to be able to shop with confidence. Orders can be returned within seven (7) days of receipt, providing the product/s are returned in original condition and suitable for resale. We offer a full refund on the purchase price, less the delivery fees. Simply follow these steps to return an item you have purchased:
- Email our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org to advise them you are returning your order so they can issue you with a Returns Authorisation Number.
- Return your item via post by enclosing your Returns Authorisation Number in the parcel and sending the item via registered post to Hides of Excellence, PO BOX 6275, Alexandra, New South Wales, 2017.
Once your return is processed, the purchase price of the order will be returned to your account. Unfortunately the shipping fee will not be refunded, and any fees incurred via return freight and packaging are not covered by Hides of Excellence.
When will my refund be issued?
Are your animal products compassionately manufactured?
Every product we offer is sourced as a by-product of the meat industry.
Are your hides natural?
Do you offer gift wrapping?
How can I care for and store my Hides of Excellence product?
How can I contact you?
How do you ensure quality?
Where are you located?
Where should I send press enquiries?
Who are you?
As a wholesale customer can I order online?
Absolutely. Once we have verified your information and created your wholesale account you will be able to login at your convenience to access the confidential wholesale pricing.
Can I become a wholesale customer?
Most definitely. Click here to register to become a Wholesale member. Submit your details and someone from our customer service team will be in contact to verify your account.